Coconino Loop.

Well it seems that I've been racking up the photos, but keep coming up short on the words.  Derek and I had been planning on doing this loop for a while, and we finally did it last weekend with the inimitable Chris C.  Once again, I was reminded of how cool people named Chris tend to be.  Tough luck for the rest of us, I guess.  The loop was rad.  It was hard, especially for how little climbing it had, but the elevation that was there was impressive.  Photos now.

Derek and Chris on the 700 Road.

It's dead.  It's an Arizona King Snake, I think.

Schnebly Hill Road looking down into Sedona.

Chris,  looking majestic.


Sedona.

Sedona.

DBO in Sedona.

Oak Creek.



Flowers.

Flowers!

Flowers!

Ocotillo flowering!

On the climb up Mingus Mountain.

Jerome in the distance.

The Road down to Jerome.

Hobo Camp.

Let's shoot stuff!


More Hobo camp.

Them flowers is big.

On Perkinsville road looking back at Jerome.

P-ville road.

Denise let me borrow her bike because mine wasn't done.  Thanks!

There were a lot of these big open stretches too.  Here on P-ville road.

On the more rideable part of the Benham trail.

At the top of Bill Williams Mountian.

This is the Bill Williams trail.  Every thirty feet or so looked like this.

I saw more European tourists dorking out on the HWY 66 kitch in Williams than I could count.  What's the attraction?

Trainside camp.  
It hailed the last morning.  Just enough to get us out of our sleeping bags.


Toward Sycamore rim trail.

On Sycamore rim trail.

Sycamore rim.

Sycamore rim.

Toward Bellemont.

Bill WIlliams Mtn. in the distance.

It rained as we approached Flagstaff.  

Comments

  1. awesome pics....thanks for sharing....my bike looks stoked....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts