A View from Germany

  It seems like it's been a long time since I posted anything here, but I've been using other places to post photos because of how slow it is to upload them here.  But I've been in Germany for something over two weeks, and want to post a few photos here.  So far I've gone from Hamburg, to Berlin, and then on to Dresden, where I'll be leaving today on my way into Poland.  Some impressions so far: Hamburgers were very friendly, milk products like cheese and yoghurt are pretty inexpensive, and the beer is cheap if you know where to buy it (and it's pretty much in .5l bottles).  What?  Do those things seem unimportant, or something?  Well, those have been some of the major things that I noticed.  The other thing that I've noticed is the bikes:  they are everywhere and they have lights and generators.  That in itself is pretty much awesome to me--a bit of a dream come true to see really.  I guess I was a little surprised at how little was different, or at least how little felt different.  I'll keep this post short, with just a few photos from one day that I took a bikeride outside of the city.


Park in Hamburg.

What may be the strangest and largest plane I've ever seen.  It looked like a dolphin, and it screamed as it got read to land.  It was HUGE.

On the Waldweg outside of Hamburg.

Dig the roof.

Light through the trees.

Copper cladding.

I really like this bike.

New building in Hafen City, in Hamburg.  The glass is curved.

Unilever.  Plastic stretched on a metal structure.  Bizzare.

Comments

Popular Posts