A dry time of year

I took a walk yesterday.  I hadn't been up to the Ventana in at least 10 years, and I decided to wander up there since it's a fairly quick climb.  I took some photos.

The first step.

I thought this oak was quite shapely.

Just below the Ventana

Behind the Ventana, looking back at the trail.

Continuing up the backside of the Ventana in order to get on top of it.

Looking West.

On top.  

I aways think these are called Palo Bobo, but they're not.  



Looking down and East.

Cactus.

Another not-Palo Bobo.

Ok, well maybe this will kind of show how steep the trail is.  The climb is pretty much just that.  It's good and steep.

There it is from town.  Too bad about the haze.  The cross is on the part  just to the left of the  big boulder that forms the  roof of the opening.

Comments

  1. Ventana - beautiful place, beautiful rocks and twisted trees (especially on second photo I liked), and cactus. cactus-amazing!and i like - "Looking down and East", interesting, what plants really Palo Bobo=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts