Part two of the ads.

I just really like these things.  The ads seem to be so youthful, so innocent.  It's like people thought the world was going to be so much better and easier now that they had rayon and the like; like some new age was opening up, and they just couldn't wait to see what it would bring.  Well, I guess that's what the companies making the stuff wanted people to think, and that's what comes through in the ads.  Maybe I'd just be sold on the stuff if I had a time machine and went back.  Maybe it's a good thing that I temporarily misplaced my time boots while I was on my trip.  Well, here are a few more photos.  Check them out at full res. as they some have really fantastic photo quality with very visible grain that makes me long for the days of film again....


This is actually the first of a bunch that I ended up just taking more close-ups of, but I hadn't quite figured that out yet.  Anyway, I like to see the rest of the ad too, but I think the photos in these ones are pretty cool.


Another from what I'll call the "Arnel collection".


Another one of those close-ups.  Sweet lunch box.

And another, but this one had a slightly different format, so I couldn't just get the photo as easily.

A color combination that I sincerely hope stays dead, but which is probably getting ready for the next season's line.

Comments

  1. Oh, I love vintage advertising, though it was not so long time ago. it, how it better to say, it has own atmosphere, it can be regarded as art...I have a special folder for these things))
    and when I look again, it like transition to a different time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, things have changed since then! I think an important part of it is the fact that they were using film, and that grain gave the photos a certain life. I really miss seeing film photos because even though digital looks great, there is something missing. At least I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts