A bunch of photos and not much talk


  Well here are a few more photos from Minneapolis.  The post office was pretty trippy: it was just this long hallway–but long!–and there were just windows onto that hallway.  It would have been horrible had the people not all been so nice.  Some of the other photos are from my trip to Duluth: fill-in from the last post, as it were, and the new ones start in Michigan, mostly.  Michigan was lovely for the most part.  I got to go sailing for the first time ever in Marquette, thanks to Mike!  That was something I won't soon forget, and hope to repeat as soon as I can.  Getting to talk to Gary, in McMillan, was inspiring too.  I've been doing more miles since then.  He has ridden all over the place and has a map with all of his rides marked out on it, which was really cool to see....
  I think this post will be mostly photos, and the next one, will be more talk.  It's taken so long to upload all of these photos, that it's late and I want to go to sleep now!


The Main Post office in Minneapolis.  Straight out of Brazil.


IF with White Industries drivetrain.  At One On One Bike Gallery.



It was really hard to get a photo of this bike, but it's a Roadmaster Little 500 bike.  Way awesome!


Yeah, that's right: a Park Tool truck!


The sunset view from the 9th floor of the Mill City Museum.


Capricorn city bike at the handbuilt show that just happened to be going on while we were in Minneapolis.  A beauty!


Maybe the coolest bike ever.  I can't remember his name, but the guy made the battery box at the back, the stereo system that connects to a handlebar mounted ipod, and the copper fenders himself.  You really had to see it to believe it.  It was well done.


That would be about $2 worth of fresh cucumbers!


In Wisconsin.


One of the coolest shops ever.  In Bayfield, WI.  If within 259 miles, it's well worth the trip.  Marlin's the man.


Jopac farms.  Source of fine cucumbers in Wisconsin.  Jo was a nice guy.



My first pastie, in Ironwood, MI.  Yum!



On the way to bergland, which has free camping.  "For the enjoyment of all".  Amen!



I thought I should be visible so I rode the first day on the trip in bike shorts.  That was a long day and it was good with the shorts.


End view of one of the ore docks that isn't being used any more in Marquette, MI.  Huge things.


whoa, that makes me feel wierd just looking at it, but I guess where the camera was wasn't flat.  That's looking out over Lake Superior after I went in for a dip.  Very fine.
The second Adopt-A-Highway sign that said it was supported by a NORML chapter.  I wouldn't have expected that in Michigan, but it's the only place I've ever seen it.  Funny.
Lake Superior from Bay Furnace near Munising, MI.  Fine.


This one's in the morning.  Bay Furnace.  Next to Christmas, MI.


One of the towers of the railway bridge next to the bridge into Sault Ste. Marie, Canada.  looks like a robot or something.


The view from the front porch of Velorution, the shop that has camping out back and shower facilities.  That's part of the pump track, and there are dirt jumps out back next to the camping.  Basically the reason I came to Sault Ste. Marie.  A model bike shop.


Lake Huron.  And rain; though for the moment held in the clouds.  It's been rainy since I've been in Canada.

Comments

Popular Posts