Ramble no. 1 and other notes

   Well, I think we're set to do the first official Ramble, and it's going to happen on Thursday the 15th of October.  We'll meet at Norcal Bike Sport at 7am, though that time is tentative, and you should check back here often to see if it has been changed.  The ride should be pretty much the one outlined in the previous post: into Marin and back again.  It'll be plenty big–probably around 130 miles or so. 
   Right now I'm planing a pre-Ramble for the 8th, and I'd like that one to be a Skaggs ride, but it may not happen so I'm not really setting it in stone, and I'm figuring that most people around here are doing the Gran Fondo, so I'm trying so give a good buffer on either side of that.  If that Skaggs ride materializes, I'll post something here to let you, whoever you are, know!
   In related news, I took a little jaunt out to the coast the other morning before work.  I've been wanting to get up early and ride, and that morning the world was with me, and brought everything together to make it a fine time.  I got a somewhat late start at 4:30am, and went out the creek trail to Willowside, Mill Station, Graton, Bittner, Joy, Colman Valley, the coast and back again via Occidental road.  I saw (at least the silhouette of) two owls, two foxes, two bunny rabbits, and hawk; not to mention copious amounts of fog, which, in my headlight made it almost impossible to see the road at times out on Colman Valley before the sun came up.  What an amazing experience though: to see the world that you're used to in the daytime, but this time in the dark!  That period when the sun is just beginning to lighten the sky but only slightly, and the stars are still up and the fog in the valleys is just becoming visible: yowza! that's fine.

Comments

Popular Posts